While Coleman is a nonprofit corporation, a goal of the café is to make a profit and reinvest funds to help underwrite behavioral health services. Bean and the Baker will provide exceptional customer service and quality meals to its patrons at a competitive price. Coleman advocates hiring individuals with disabilities in a competitive and integrated work environment. All employees will be well trained and held to high standards of food preparation and customer service.
We are seeking a part-time Café Shift Leader which includes managing, customer service, and training.
- Maintain quality service by establishing and enforcing Café standards.
- Resolve customer concerns or issues in a timely manner.
- Ensure products and services delivered to the customers meets the Café's quality standards.
- Use the POS system effectively to process customer transactions quickly and accurately.
- Promptly respond to all customers questions about food or beverage on the menu.
- Maintain customer service-oriented demeanor.
- Perform all functions of Café Team Members.
- New Café Team Members on all aspects of expected performance.
- Café Team Members required procedures to ensure proper food safety and best food quality
- Continually observe and coach Café Team Members in all aspects of their job performance.
This position is part time and hours will vary based on the needs of the Café. Normal Café hours are M-F 7:00am - 11:00pm and Sat/Sun 8:00am - 2:00pm. Opening and closing typically occurs 30 minutes prior or after being opened for customers. This position will supervise Café Team Members and Dishwashers.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of one year experience serving as a team lead or shift supervisor in a café setting. In addition, must be capable of standing for periods of four hours or more and be able to lift up to 30 pounds. Preferred candidates will have at least one year experience managing a staff of five employees in a coffee house setting and currently enrolled in a college/university Hospitality Management program.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Accommodation Request."