The main focus of the development executive is the engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and recognition of philanthropy at the major gift ($10,000 ) level. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, results-oriented professional with strong organization skills who possesses:
· A professional, confident and driven work style with a competitive spirit
· An outgoing personality; outstanding oral and written communication skills, with the ability to present a compelling case to a variety of constituents
· Strong public speaking ability
· Ability to interface, engage, collaborate with, and motivate diverse volunteer and donor groups
· Ability to lead and manage teams to achieve a bold vision; a high level of perseverance and resourcefulness in the face of challenges
Key duties include the following for Portage, Stark, and Summit Counties, Ohio:
1. Developing and managing a portfolio of potential major gift donors.
2. Working with development staff and volunteer leadership to coordinate events and an annual giving program.
3. Communicating fundraising goals effectively and engaging company leadership and Board members in fundraising activities.
4. Encouraging, explaining, and soliciting opportunities for planned giving.
5. Meeting or exceeding attainment goals established together with company leadership.
Must have a BA. Direct fundraising experience is required. CFRE or CFRM is highly desirable. Knowledge of fundraising strategies, donor database software, and donor relations unique to the nonprofit sector is a plus.
Benefits options include health, life, pension, paid time off, and more. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing email@example.com with the subject line "Accommodation Request."