you like to be part of an award-winning team where you can make a real
difference? Coleman Health Services is dedicated to serving our communities and
positively impacting the lives of our employees and the people they work to
serve. If you are someone who believes in the value of achieving excellence, we
want you on our team! The
Compliance, Client Rights, & Privacy Officer coordinates compliance and
accreditation reviews for the agency. This position also ensures compliance
with the client rights and grievance procedure rule as implemented within each agency
or board, and it oversees the privacy policies and standards for the
What can Coleman offer you as the Compliance,
Client Rights, & Privacy Officer?
- A positive and
supportive work environment that values both teamwork and individuality, welcomes
innovation, is inclusive, promotes creativity, and where diversity is valued
- We will provide
you with flexibility and empower you to be successful
- You will be
encouraged to participate in ongoing learning & developmental opportunities
- A competitive
compensation & benefits package
- The ability to
provide meaningful input that is heard and acted upon
- $250 Quarterly
Employee Recognition Program, Wellness Reimbursement & more!
are we looking for from you?
and Quality Assurance functions
- Coordinate all compliance/accreditation
reviews; collecting information from appropriate managers/employees as to how
they are complying with changes in the standards; and notifying Senior
Officer and/or CEO of possible exposure regarding non-compliance.
- Arrange for licensing and accreditation
surveys companywide and pre-surveys, submit applications/preliminary
documents, and ensure that all materials are available for surveyors.
- Maintain up-to-date policies and procedures
in Coleman Health Services (CHS) Standard Operating Procedure Manual and
- Serve on various committees for continuous improvement
and quality assurance.
- Report all major unusual incidents (MUIs) to
OhioMHAS per regulatory standards and local Mental Health Board contracts.
- Advocate for clients and resolve issues
relating to clinical and administrative services.
- Provide Quarterly Reports and a year-end
summary to the Mental Health and Recovery Boards and the Board Committee on
Continuous Improvement and Client Rights.
- Provide Client Rights/Abuse/Neglect Training
- Oversee the development and implementation
of privacy policies and procedures for the organization.
- In conjunction with the Compliance function,
oversee all ongoing activities related to the development, implementation,
maintenance of, and adherence to the organization's policies and procedures
covering the privacy of, and access to, protected health information (PHI) in
compliance with federal, state, and local laws and the organization's own
information privacy practices.
- Provide consultation regarding HIPAA Privacy
Standards to address all privacy standards and complaints and/or grievances.
- Provide initial and ongoing HIPAA training
for all staff.
needed to be a successful Compliance,
Client Rights, & Privacy Officer:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field;
- Licensed in Ohio as LSW, LPC, BSN; or
- Master's in Public Health Administration or MBA
in Health Care;
- Certified as Joint Commission/CARF surveyor;
- One year of related experience in client rights
and performing Compliance Officer functions;
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and
regulations relevant to Coleman;
- Able to compile data and generate technical
- Able to work collaboratively across all levels
of the organization and with a diverse client population;
- Able to facilitate resolutions that are
satisfactory to the customer;
- Willing to travel to various Coleman locations
in other counties; and,
- Effective customer service skills and the
ability to maintain confidentiality
- Licensed in Ohio as LISW; LPCC; RN with Master's
degree; or higher
- Two years or more of related experience
Why join Coleman Health Services?
are a nationally recognized
not-for-profit provider of behavioral health and an organization that has demonstrated
over 40 years of stability and transparency. Our Company Culture and Benefits
Set Us Apart! Regardless of your role at
Coleman Health Services, your work makes a lasting impact on those we serve.
When you join our team, you become part of a collaborative community of
dedicated professionals whose primary mission is to improve the lives of our
clients. In return, you can also expect opportunities for career advancement and
continued professional training.
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or protected veteran status.
E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to
complete the application process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
line "Accommodation Request."