The Position, Director of Crisis Support Services: Do you have a passion for helping people in crisis? Are you looking for a career where you can make a positive impact and build a rewarding career? Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to help make a life-changing and lifesaving difference. Coleman Health Services is an award-winning, nationally recognized behavioral health and rehabilitation organization and we're actively seeking a Director of Crisis Support Services. This vital position is available thanks to a nearly $4 million SAMHSA grant we received to implement Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinics (CCBHCs) in our service areas of greatest need. Sign-on bonus eligible!
Responsibilities include: The Director of Crisis Support Services oversees Coleman Health Services Crisis Center Program - a department which operates 24/7, serving people in need of mental health and recovery support. We are seeking energetic, experienced, organized, licensed social service professional who will serve as part of our agency leadership team helping to move our organization forward in the upcoming national "988" call service for behavioral health crises. As the Director of Crisis Support Services, you will supervise and train our Crisis Support staff - responsible for responding to and following up with individuals in need of emotional support, suicide prevention and mental health safety planning.
· Triage, engagement, assessment, and trauma-informed behavioral health interventions to foster crisis resolution
· Service navigation and linkage, follow-up care, family and community stakeholder collaboration
· Work effectively and collaboratively as a part of an interdisciplinary team - interacting with clients, external care providers, consulting psychiatrist, other clinicians, and administrative and support staff
· Exercise balanced judgement in evaluating situations and making decisions, and to handle difficult and confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner
· Master's degree along with LSW or LPC licensure
· Must be eligible for an NPI number and an Ohio Medicaid number
· Minimum two (2) years' experience working in the behavioral healthcare field
· Past or current work experience in an emergency room, community behavioral health or crisis intervention setting
· Past or current experience in motivational interviewing, crisis intervention, and trauma informed care
· Past or current experience developing new programs
Build a Career at Coleman: Be part of an organization you can believe in. At Coleman Health Services, we offer a positive and rewarding work culture where you can build a career. We're committed to offering innovative, trauma informed, and client-focused care. Our employees are passionate about what they do and the clients that we serve! And we're dedicated to being inclusive and collaborative.
Our Work Culture and Benefits Set Us Apart! While the work we perform is personally rewarding, you'll find we also offer great benefits, a friendly and flexible work environment, career development opportunities, and ample opportunity to grow both personally and professionally.
Competitive Benefits Package: In addition to standard benefit options, including health, dental, vision, life, retirement savings, pension, and paid time off (PTO), Coleman Health Services offers Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Wellness Reimbursement, Verizon service discounts, and more.
Disclosure: Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing email@example.com with the subject line "Accommodation Request."