Coleman Health Services, a nationally recognized not-for-profit provider of Behavioral Health is seeking a social worker and/or counseling individual to provide crisis intervention and counseling services to youth and families in various community settings throughout Logan and Champaign Counties, Ohio. Multiple shifts available for a flexible schedule.
Duties of Youth Counselor for Mobile Response & Stabilization Services (MRSS) include:
· Dedicated crisis counselor for youth and families in crisis
· Travel throughout Logan and Champaign Counties to provide crisis assessment/intervention, safety planning, and follow up care
· Provide brief intervention along with ongoing assessment and linkage to services and needs up to 6 weeks
· Work together with a team of counselors/social workers, case managers, peer support specialist and the Director to provide prevention, sustainability, and reduce trauma in youth and their family members.
· Be a member of the newest and most valued service line for youth as we increase awareness and bring hope to the Crisis Continuum of Care in Summit County.
MRSS Youth Counselor at Coleman work as a part of a cohesive, multi-disciplinary care team to provide the best outcomes for the clients and families we serve. The MRSS Team provides outreach to youth & families under 21yrs old to help them resolve a person-defined crisis and link with ongoing support services as needed.
Qualified candidates will have their Masters LPC licensure or Bachelors/Masters LSW Licensure, must be eligible for an NPI number and an Ohio Medicaid number, have and maintain an excellent driving record, and 2 years' experience working in the behavioral healthcare field. Prefer someone with work experience with youth and families in community behavioral health or crisis intervention setting, and someone with experience in motivational interviewing, crisis intervention, and trauma informed care. Pay is based on licensure and experience.
Benefits options include health, life, pension, paid time off, and more. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. E.O.E. Persons with a disability can request an accommodation to complete the application process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Accommodation Request."